You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Latest Kerala News

House Boat tragedy at Alapuzha, Kerala – 4 dead

A house boat tragedy which happened at Alapuzha in Kerala on 26th January (today) has taken the life of few. 4 persons including a child is feared to have been dead as a team of tourists from Tamil Nadu were on a holiday trip through Punnamada Lake in Alappuzha. It is known that there were 64 people inside the boat. This drastic incident happened at around 12 PM near the Punnamada finishing point when the tourists tried to enter another boat from their mother boat. Rescue measures are being taken up and rescuers trying their best to find whether more people are being held in the boat.
    It is really a shocking news for me and I firstly saw this on news paper. The people should need more awarenss while going for holiday trips because their carelessness may lead to this kind of tragedys. The authorites also need to ensure the safety of the people and they need to take necessary actions to avoid this kind of accidents in future. We all know that most of our income is from domestic and international tourists and we need to ensure their safety. Other wise the flow of tourist towards our state will decrease and hence our income. So in my opinion it is our need to ensure the safety of tourists.

• Sign In to post your comments