You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Incheon Asian Games 2014: Can Keralites bring home glory?

'Incheon Asian Games 2014: Can Keralites bring home glory?' is the topic for group discussion. A number of promising Keralaities are part of the Indian team participating in the Incheon Asian Games 2014. Mayookha Johny, Renjith Maheshwary, Kunhu Mohammad, Deepika Pallikkal are few among them who are competing for India.

Dear Members,
    We are inviting your views on the topic 'Incheon Asian Games 2014: Can Keralites bring home glory?'. Members can share your thoughts about the expectations of the Keralites and also the future of Kerala sports. Do make sure to explain your viewpoints well.
    I don't think that the Kerilites will shine in Incheon Asian games 2014. Even though many Kerilites are part of this game, I don't hope that they can glorify their state. We can have its reality from the today's point table itself. India is at the 6th position with 2 points. This only points is not from Kerilites, but from the other state of the country.

However we can proud about the participation of many of our members. The various participants from Kerala are Merlin K Joseph, Mayookha Jhony, MA Prajusha, Sini A Marcose, Tintu Lukha, Arya C, Santhini V, OP Jaisha, Preeja, Renjith, Jibin, Nikil, Joseph, Jithin Paul, KT irfan and a lot more. Among this only a few members have experience in participating many games. Incheon Asian games 2014 is the first welcome of all others.

But as a country I really hope that India will show their position in the top 10. But as a state, my opinion is Kerilites need more experience in participating similar games. Also they need a strong coach from all fields of the games.

2014 Incheon Asian Games, also known as the XVII Asiad, is an event to be held in Incheon, South Korea during the time period of 19th September to 4th October of this year and has a total of 439 events in 36 sports events. Incheon defeated Delhi on April 17, 2007, to host this Asia Games. If the authorization was given to India then it would have been very helpful for many athletes of the country. This is very much useful for Kerala's athletes as the platform is well suited for them and has decent competitions to improve themselves. More over the coaching given to those players are indeed worthwhile. Hope a bunch of medals are been banged to our side with an appreciable contribution from South Indian team - Kerala.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.