You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Latest Kerala News

Half marathon held in Mar Baselios Institute of Technology and Science (MBITS)

A half marathon was conducted in Mar Baselios Institute of Technology and Science (MBITS) on 26th September 2014 by 2nd year mechanical students and National Service Scheme (NSS) in grand style. The program was to implant traffic awareness and also for the promotion of Tech fest named "Karnak 2014" to be held on 10th and 11th of October. Marathon was assigned from Kothamangalam town to the college at Nellimattom for a total of 7km. A cash price of 5000rs was offered for the first position, 2000rs for second and 1000rs for third. This has now been one among the mega events been held successfully and has uplifted the standard of the college.
    I was also a part of this half marathon conducted in MBITS. It was a great experiance for me as i had to run about 7 km which is quiet a difficult task. I wish more such programmes are held in this college.

It was indeed a thrilling experience for me as its my first time i am participating in a half marathon. I can't believe that i completed 7km with decent time. A total of 137 students participated in this and ended up being a mesmerizing event. This was to promote the Tech fest "Karnak14" and also to implant traffic awareness among people. Now waiting for some more new spectacular events by the college.

• Sign In to post your comments