You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Travel and Tourism

Malayalik Kanam vittu Onam unnendi Varumo?

The traditional Malayalam proverb "kanam vittum onam unnanam" means one may even sell off one's possessions to celebrate Onam with the traditional Onam Feast.Price for everything is increasing." Malayalik Kanam vittu Onam unnendi Varumo?"
    Hi friend,
    I think the recent happenings are taking us to the situation mentioned by you.

Regards
    Lijin T

Hi Lijin,
    You are right.But I think we are not trying to do something valuable against this situation.We are simply blaming price hike and Government.We are not thinking about why this situation came,is there any solution etc.Let us hope for the best.

Regards,
    Asha

Not really, your property registration deed is enough

Also the price rise is a global phenomenon due to draught the productivity of crops have been heavily affected.blaming of price rise. at ernakulam all the hotels are fully booked for onam feast at an average of 900Rs per person.a family of four is 3600 rs.pople have buying power.all types of payasams available in the matrketfor 120-160Rs a litre.we are coming from a middle class voillage like city called Haripad where my wife worked day and night for atleast 2=3 days arranging onam feast. she is very happy to live in ernakulam as she gets everything ready made.

Why we are depending on ready made foods? Lack of time or easy way of having dishes in our home? We are losing the traditional Onasadya that is prepared in our home by all the members of family, the happiness of getting together etc. Even flowers for pookkalam is buying from the shops. Thumbappoo, kakkappoo, thechippoo such flowers are not familiar to new generation. Kerala culture has changed a lot.Now we are celebrating onam simply sitting before television, getting food from hotel,etc.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.