You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General Announcements

Change in Member Levels

Hello Friends,

We are changing the member level system to make it at par with IndiaStudyChannel. Previously, all other sites had lower criteria than ISC for each member level which we are discontinuing from today. The new member level chart is -

Platinum Level: 25,000 total points and 10,000 points in last 1 year.
    Diamond Level: 5,000 total points and 2,500 points in last 1 year.
    Gold Level: 500 total points
    Silver Level: 100 total points

The required points for Diamond level was higher in ISC and lower in some
    other sites. Effective from today, all sites have same levels.
    Hi Biju,

Please update the above announcement in Membership Level Table.

Thanks,

I personally feel this should not have been done.

I am sure many members of regional sites were happy to have fewer number of points needed for stepping up to the next membership level. By increasing the membership levels to be on par with the parent site, namely ISC, it could perhaps discourage members to contribute as much as before. Regional sites are still growing and by keeping lower membership levels, members would be more enthusiastic to contribute and subsequently help in the site's growth.

Please reconsider this decision. It will especially hurt those members aspiring to reach Gold level and try for applying for the Google AdSense program.

Regards,
    Vandana

The changes cannot be justified all together.The disparity between the qualification reqirements of the Platinum and the Diamond levels lookS quite high.
    The gold level qualification should have been atleast 1000 points.The silver level qualification requisite is however,very reasonable.

Under this classification I am eligible to become Gold level, since my total points are above 500 (today 669). But it is given as Silver ?
    Earlier when the points crossed 500, my level was changed to Gold and was entered as in all postings. But, now it is reverted to Silver, why?

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

Thank you for taking steps to correct the mistake. now the member level is corrected as Gold. Thank you once again.
    T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member, SPK

I read the new rules of points level in this site which runs as follows

Platinum Level: 25,000 total points and 10,000 points in last 1 year.
    Diamond Level: 5,000 total points and 2,500 points in last 1 year.
    Gold Level: 500 total points
    Silver Level: 100 total points

But the Platinum level asking for 10,000 points of performance in one year little higher and reaching level of 25,000 should be made to 15,000.

Any takers for this suggestion.

K Mohan

Every drop of water counts... And every word posted here also counts.....

OK, so that is the different levels in SPK.I was searching this member levels and points required for this achievements.I became a silver member on the date of joining itself as I calculated and was also desirous to win the MOD.That also occured on the joining date.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.